Largo Carlos Freitas, Vila Meã, Amarante
+351 255 730 010
The plain and beautiful building of the old Town Hall of Santa Cruz de Riba Tâmega, with neoclassical features, was officially opened in 1607. In the 20th century, the building was first used as a dwelling and, later, as the headquarters of the Farmers' Guild and a furniture warehouse. Acquired by the Amarante City Council, it became the Hub of the Albano Sardoeira Municipal Library, which opened to the public on 27 October 2007.